RS Event Talking Points Outline
- Volunteer representative from MarineParents.com, Inc., an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) public charity.
- Founded on January 21, 2003 to provide support, information, and services to Marines and their family members, and create opportunities for the public to support our troops through the organization's outreach programs.
- Follow along on this page or print the pdf outline.
- In your folder you will find a workbook, boot camp & graduation information, and a letter from the founder, Tracy Della Vecchia.
MESSAGE FROM THE FOUNDER
- On 9/11 of 2001, my then-18-year-old son had been in Marine Corps boot camp for 2 weeks and our country was under attack. I tried to get an airline ticket to San Diego that day so I could go get him and bring him home; I had to let him know he'd made a mistake and was not going to become a Marine after all.
- Fortunately for my son and I, there were no flights going anywhere that day. He became a Marine and later fought proudly alongside his brothers in arms in three combat tours. The Marine Corps changed his life and he is a better man for it.
- My life changed too. Just over a year after graduation from boot camp, my Marine son deployed to a combat zone. Being the parent of a combat-deployed Marine gave me such pride, and with that pride came a whole lot of fear. I was no longer his protector; he was my protector. He was no longer my little boy, he was my hero. I knew I was not the only Marine parent on the emotional rollercoaster called combat. I was able to find other Marine parents and band them together to support our sons and daughters during combat. That was in January of 2003 and I founded the organization MarineParents.com, Inc.
VOLUNTEER'S PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
- You're not alone in this.
- We have been where you've been & we are here for every stage of the Corps.
- Information regarding boot camp, graduation, and travel
- Official MarineParents.com Facebook Groups, a place to connect & share®
- www.RecruitParents.com has all the information you need
- We offer a travel assistance program, donate or apply at MarineParents.com/TA
- 16 Years of experience
- We are here for every stage of the Corps
- Poolees, boot camp, graduation
- What's After Boot Camp?
- Unit Information Pages™ & Permanent Duty Stations
- Deployment Center
- After the Corps
- Announcements & Newsletters
- Facebook Groups
- PERSEC, OPSEC, Posting Rules:
Social Media 10 Posting Rules
- Warrior Support Team
- Gold Star Legacy
- Luminary Initiative
- Marine Parents Travel Assistance
- Team Marine Parents
- Volunteer Opportunities
- 1st Battalion Grad Gear Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta
- 2nd Battalion Grad Gear Echo, Fox, Golf, Hotel
- 3rd Battalion Grad Gear India, Kilo, Lima, Mike
- 4th Battalion Grad Gear November, Oscar, Papa
- Marine Family T-shirt Designs
- Marine Mom Necklace
- Specific to San Diego or Parris Island
- What is the Matrix?
- Matrix Terminology
- Training Weeks and Four Phases
- What can a poolee take with them?
- Where can I find graduation dates and which company my recruit is in?
- Mail and addressing letters
- PERSEC and Recruit Privacy
- Travel recommendations can be found on RecruitParents.com
- What's after boot camp? ITB, MCT, MOS, PDS
- Text MARINEPARENTS to 22828 to sign up for weekly newsletters
- or click here to sign up online.
EVERY STAGE OF THE CORPS
A PLACE TO CONNECT & SHARE®
OUTREACH PROGRAMS AND GETTING INVOLVED
EGA SHOP: MARINE CORPS STORE
At the MarineParents' online store, EGAshop.com, 100% of the proceeds benefit the outreach programs.
Every Purchase Supports our Troops
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Marine Parents a place to connect and share® is a registered trademark of the United States Marine Corps. Used with permission.